Saturday, January 1, 2011

Psalm 6

Well, it's here: the beginning of a brand new year.  2010 was an interesting but good year overall.  I am hopeful; however, that 2011 will be even better.  I'm beginning my dream career, in a town that I am learning to really like.  I've met some really good people, and have made a few really great friends.  Do I still miss my Tallahassee friends and family?  Of course!  I think of them every day!  But change is good, and right now - change is a big part of my reality. 

In my own journey of travelling through a psalm each day, one thing I like about all 150 of them, and especially in Psalm 6 is that David is R-E-A-L!!  Whatever he was feeling, he talked about it with God.  From being thankful to being spiteful to being completely broken...David expressed it all. 

Sometimes I forget that God wants to be apart of every aspect of our lives, from the largest to the smallest. 
________
Amazing Father -
Thank you for the year that has past, and thank you for a new one ready to begin.  Please help  me to walk in a way that pleases you.  Help me to come to you with each part of my life, not just the parts that i think are 'clean' enough or 'big' enough for the Almighty.  You want all of me, no matter what!  Thank you for these last 6 days.  Reading your word has struck a spark again, and I find myself wanting to come home to read with you.  I do love you, Lord - Please accept this 'flashlight' as worship to you!  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment