Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Psalm 10

Hoo-wee!  David doens't exactly beat around the bush, now does he?!?  There is no doubt how he'd feelin toward people who don't want anything to do with God.  Sometimes...I think David is a little TOO harsh for my tastes - but that usually because my heart says David's talking about me.  I'm learning to love God more and more each day, but sometimes - if truth be told - I really think like this: “God isn’t watching us!
      He has closed his eyes and won’t even see what we do!” or "God will never call us to account.”
I sure am glad that His mercies and compassions are new for me each and every day.  Without that assurance, I'd be in heap big trouble. 
____________
Lord,
Thank you for being so good to me.  I don't deserve it, at all!  You've allowed me to 'work' in an amazing town, doing what I love - with people who are awesome!!  Who could ask for more than that?  Please help me to be and do my best each day - for not only myself, but also for my students and friends. 

Somtimes it's hard for me to not feel forgotten by those friends that I moved away from...especially when we don't talk as much as we used to.  But I have to trust that if You intend for me to keep  the friendship - You'll make a way.  In the meantime, Father - ease the ache in my heart,because right now - I'm missing a lot of people.  On the other hand - You are blessing me with other wonderful friends.  Help me to be a good friend, mentor, and teach to them.  Help me to be 'friendable."

Thank you again for allowing me to be right here, right now, with those who are here.  I love you, Lord - and I lift my voice to worship you, oh my soul rejoice!!" AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment