Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 14

I just finished reading my 14th Psalm in a row.  Tonight, it felt a little like I was 'just going through the motions',  because nothing really 'spoke' to me tonight.  I'm sincerely hoping that it's just the sickness talking.  On the other hand, I think there will be times when nothing is spoken directly to my heart, and while I hope one day that might change - i think for right now...that's ok.  For me, at this stage - it's just important that I keep reading and work hard on not getting behind.  I know myself, if I let one day go by...then another will go - the next thing I know...it's been a week since I've read.  Then I feel so guilty for not ready, that I can't bring myself to open up the bible and pick up where I left off.  2 and a half years later...  well, lets just say that my young, Psalmphonic Journey friend has helped me get back into the word, and onto the right path. 

I think with each passing day, the flashlight I started with gets more powerful, and the area of light it casts gets bigger and bigger.  I will continue to sojourn onward...taking small strides in my walk of faith. 

~To my young friend - I love you.  Thank you for nudging me forward, and allowing me to be apart of your life.  It is truly a great joy that I take.
__________
Lord,
"You are so good to me, You heal my broken heart, you are my Father in Heaven."  I am finding that You are filling my thoughts more and more.  It's been a long while since that's happened.  It made me smile when I was with a group of new friends today, and a worship song game on, and they all started singing!  How wonderful it was to be in the company of family. 

Please continue to take over my heart.  Less of me; more of you!  "All of you, is more than enough for all of me, for everything thirst and every need.  You satisfy me with your love..."  Thank you for this day; for each blessing and each challege.  I love you! AMEN

1 comment:

  1. What a great perspective to take when nothing leaps off the page just for you. Keep reading, my friend. I admire your perseverance.

    ReplyDelete