Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Days 16-17

Last night I felt a little like death warmed over.  This cold has zapped me of almost all my energy.  So I came home last night from teaching, barely ate, and went to bed.  As I was laying there under layers of clothes and blankets - I remembered that I still needed to read my psalm.  So I asked my brother to bring me my iPod, and I got to use my newly downloaded NLT version of the bible.  Psalm 16 was awesome; my favorite verse was 1: "Keep me safe, Oh God, for I have come to you for refuge..."  Even in my sickess - I could feel God wrap his arms around me.

---
Over the last couple of days, I have felt attacked.  People are generally resistant to change, but adapt after a short time.  However, there are some who are dead set against trying anything new, or even giving a fair chance to the new kid on the block (that would be me).  To be judged on things that I have little control over, without even trying to learn about me, or God forbid, try to help me - breaks my heart.  However, I am very thankful that this category of people are small...very small.  I am so grateful for those who are not judgmental; who have welcomed me with an open mind and an open heart - and for some, even open arms.

__________
Keep me safe, Oh God, for I have come to you for refuge...Lord, Please heal my body, take away the pain, put things back the way they should be.  Teach me how to keep things working properly.  Lord, thank you for those who support me.  I love you! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment