Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year to LIVE

It never fails, on New Year's Eve - I hear and see people talking about needing to make drastic changes; resolving to ________ (fill in the blank).  I even find myself getting caught up in the "it's a new year, it's time for a new me" throng.  But, by the time February comes (often faster than I'd wanted), my unwaivering resolve has disolved. 

Instead of making lofty 'resolutions' - I just want to...LIVE!  When I asked a general question about goals for 2011, a friend of mine said she wanted "to enjoy every second of it."  Me too!  I have the greatest opportunity to finally do something that I truly enjoy every day, and I really want to enjoy it. 

I've spent many years allowing people and circumstance to steal parts of my life, and often times draining my energy and emotions.  I spent even more years allowing myself to steal parts of my life; being my own worst enemy and critic. 

NO MORE!  I don't want to merely exist, I want to live.  I want to build solid relationships, to show grace, to teach and to learn, to love and be loved, to be confident but humble, to serve...to be different and out of the ordinary.  I want to LIVE!

If the mercies of the Lord are new for me each morning, why shouldn't I extend the same to myself?  If the Lord can forgive me, why can't I forgive myself?  If, knowing all that there is to know about me, the Lord can still love me and call me His beloved, why can't I learn to love me too?  The answer: I CAN and I WILL! 

Here's to a New Year to LIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment