Friday, January 7, 2011

Psalm 13

I almost forgot to read tonight.  I was getting ready to curl up under 3 blankets with an over stuffed teddy bear, trying desparately to break a fever, when I re-read a card I received in the mail today from a wonderful, young friend.  She and I are reading through the book of Psalm - one each day.  The line in her card said this "Psalms is going to be auhmazing." 

Psalms has been amazing.  for 13 consecutive days, I've been in the word of God.  Tonight's Psalm is one of my favorites for 2 reasons.  First - David's raw emotion and heartfelt cry to God is beautiful.  Sometimes I feel like this - like God is so far away, or that God has just left me to fend for myself. 

The 2nd reason is the last 2 verses, and all because of the first word..."but"...  Basically David is saying, "even though You feel distant, Lord.  Even though it seems like You've forgotten me. Regardless of my feelings...I trust, I will rejoice, I will sing..."  HOW AMAZING!!!!
_________
Thank you for today, even though I'm sick.  Thank you for the awesome lunch I had with a new and wonderful friend!!!  Thank you for the card I got in the mail today.  Please, Lord, heal my bod tonight, so i can teach tomorrow morning.  Keep all my students safe and healthy.  I love you!  I TRUST, I WILL REJOICE, I WILL SING!!!! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment