Thursday, January 13, 2011

Psalm 19

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a moment that goes by when I don't do something that dishonors God, even when I fail to realize it.  So I often times say a blanket "Please forgive me" wondering if that really cuts it.  Well, guess what?!? I think it does!  David did it too! "How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?Cleanse me from these hidden faults."  I don't feel so bad now.  :)

The last 2 verses are the cry of my heart.  "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, Oh Lord, My Rock and my Redeemer."  I want the people in my sphere of influence to know that I care; that my words are genuine and are filled with grace.  Even when they come with correction, I pray they are never abusive, but always encouraging. 

I had about a 30 minute skype call with my young, "Psalmphonic" friend last night.  Her heart was so heavy and trouble by many things.  I found myself struggling to find words of encouragement and comfort.  So instead, there was a moment of silence.  She didn't say anything, and I let go of the need to speak - it was just 2 friends, in the same room, sharing emotions.  It...was...profound.  Many times, people are afraid of the silent moments because they feel akward.  Sometimes, though, silence is all that is needed. 
__________
My Jesus, My Savior, Lord there is none like You!  All of my days, I want to praise the wonders of your mighty love.  My comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength.  Let every breath, all that I am  - never cease to worship you...

Thank you for an amazing day.  Thank you that my body is on the mend.  Please continue to set things right.  Lord, thank you so much for my friend.  She is so special to me.  Her heart is so troubled right now - please bring her comfort, and understanding.  She is doing her best to seek you in your word - please meet her where she is.  Give her guidance and assurance that you're with her. 

I love you, Lord.  May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, my Rock and my Redeemer.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment