Sunday, January 2, 2011

Psalm 8

I was just talking with a great friend of mine about some of the struggles she and I have in common.  Something she said to me made me giggle, but was so true: "We are too small to screw up God's plans."  I can't tell you how much better I felt after that.  Then I read Psalm 8:3-4: "When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers—the moon and the stars you set in place—what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them?" 

In comparison to the universe, we are so small...but to God - we are so important and loved.  HOW AMAZING!!!  He gives us charge over all the earth, to tend and care for.  I'm just not sure why He would trust me to care for anything.

This Psalm is one of praise: "Oh Lord, oh Lord - Your majestic name fills the earth."  It kind of reminds me of the end of The Neverending Story when Sebastian screams into the night the empress' new name.  The qualities of the Lord, both visible and invisible, are seen in nature - His name fills the earth.    That's powerful. 
___________
Lord,
It was so good to be in Your house today!  We sang songs for you - did you like them?  Thank you for Jamie and the friendship we have.  She has been such an incredible blessing.  Thank you for her encouragement and reassurance.

I love this Psalm.  I can just see a young shepherd sitting on a rock, gazing into the night sky - singing this song of praise to you. How beautiful that must have been?!  How I long to worship you like that - with complete abandon.  I can remember a young girl, sitting on a cement bench on a cold winter's night, gazing up into the heavens - pouring out her heart in a journal; softly singing worship songs to you.  Sometimes I long to be that young girl again, but at the same time...I've learned so much over the years. 

Lord...I LOVE you - and I lift my voice to worship you, oh my soul rejoice...Thank you for this time.  In Jesus name - AMEN

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! I made your blog!
    I'm glad that same comment that so spoke to me many years ago spoke to you as well.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete