Thursday, December 30, 2010

Psalm 5

If I have read this Psalm before in its entirety, I don't remember it - and what a shame.  This is a really good one!

Within the last 2 months: I quit a stable job with good pay and benefits, moved from a place I'd been in for over 10 years, left my friends, and moved over 7 hours away from my family...all for what?  To fulfill a dream I've had for 12 years: to manage a martial arts school of my own.  There is no greater desire of mine than to run a successful business according to God's plan.  I love what David says in verse 8: "Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me.   Make your way plain for me to follow."  That is such a loud cry of my heart - to walk each day in the way God would have for me. 

The other thing that I really love are the last 2 verses:
 "But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
      let them sing joyful praises forever.
   Spread your protection over them,
      that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
  For you bless the godly, O Lord;
      you surround them with your shield of love."

A shield of Love...I wonder what that looks/feels like.  I kind of get the impression that these last 2 lines are a prayer, not for himself, but for others.  I think its beautiful.  I wish I had the courage and faith to pray this for those around me.  Not really sure what stops me, really.
__________
Lord,
These last 5 days have been busy but wonderful!  I've begun to feel my heart beat again.  Please make your way clear to me, so I can walk boldly - teaching others how to do the same.  I love to feel the shield of love David talks about; if I am seen to be godly in any way - it is because of You, and nothing that i am or have done. 

My spirit longs to find a place where I can worship freely, but I admit...I am afraid.  Lord, please take away that fear so I can find a community of believers who will love and accept me for me, and where I might be of service.  Please heal the wounds that lie deep within.  I don't want that pain seaping into potentially wonderful relationships. 

"When I think about You, Lord; how you saved me, how you raised me, how you filled me up with the Holy Ghost, how you healed me to the uttermost...It makes me wanna shout, HALLELUJAH!"  You have been so good to me.  You have given me friends, and a family who is willing me mentor me and who wants me to be successful.  You've blessed me with great students.  Who am i that you are mindful of me?

Thank you!  As this year comes to an end, I am looking forward to what the next year holds.  Grant me the courage and perseverance to walk each day with You.  I love you, Lord - and I lift my voice to worship you - oh my soul rejoice!  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment