Sunday, December 26, 2010

Psalm 1

Someone who delights in the law of the Lord and who meditates on it is blessed.  Someone who walks with the wicked and the wrong doers is not.  It seems pretty self-explanitory, doesn't it?  I wish I could understand why it is so hard (for me) to content abiding by God's law. 

Why would I not want to be "like a tree planted by streams of water, yeilding fruit in season and whose leaves don't wither?"  The very essence of being prosperous.  Instead, it is much more 'appealing' to stand in the way of sinners, and sit in the seat of mockers.  It seems easier to be blown in the wind like chaff.

How I long to know that God is watching of me and all I do because I have been found righteous in His sight - not by any means of my own, but because He is gracious and forgiving. 

________

Lord, it has been so long - too long, since I last opened Your word.  Your voice has been echoing inside my empty heart for a long time.  Lord, please guide my reading.  Please give me enough light to stand on for this moment.  Help me to be that tree planted firmly by the stream, bearing good fruit!  Help me to grow, and inspire others; to prosper where I've been planted.  Lord...I'm sorry that I've let my love for You grow cold, and my heart become distant.  I do love you, and I lift my voice to worship you, oh my soul rejoice!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment