Sunday, December 26, 2010

Psalmphonic Journey

Over the last few years, there has been a widening gap in my heart.  It didn't 'suddenly' appear; it was a gradual occurrence that after awhile became part of who I was.  At times, the gap was uncomfortable, lonely; however, more often than not it was a comfortable place I could hide.  But no matter how deep that gap was (is), the love of God reaches deeper still.  "I am convinced that...neither heigth nor depth...can separate us from the love of God." (Rms 8:39)

Having drifted away for so long, I feel at a loss of the what, where, how, and when of my walk with Jesus.  There was a time when things were rolling along well, and I was growing as a believer.  But those days, lately, have been very few and far between. 

Sometimes, when walking around it the dark, the best place to start is with a flash light, taking once step at a time.  So, I asked a very special young friend of mine to join me on a Psalmphonic Journey: A Psalm a Day.  This is my attempt at grabbing for a flashlight, hoping desperately to kindle the deep love I once had. 

Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment