Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Courtney the Emotional

Throughout history, people would have adjectives suffixed to the end of their names.  For example, Peter the Great was a czar of Russia, Edmund the Just was a king of England.  These adjectives were used to describe the person.  I'm not all together sure how these suffixes came about, but I'm sure that some were self-given. So...

Hello Reader - my name is Courtney the Emotional.  This isn't new, I'm just stating the extremely obvious.  I was just reading the last few blog entries of a great friend of mine.  And in the middle of the coffee place, tears poured down my cheeks. 

If you were to ask anyone close to me, the word "emotional" would probably be in the top 3 words they would use to describe me.  It is my personal #1 choice.  I feel things deeply.  This quality creates both positive and negative effects. It is the basis for anger, apathy, distance, sadness, sensativity, empathy, love and compassion. 

It fuels my actions and reactions.  I cry over most things: children playing at the park, a homeless man on the corner, the commercial where the father and son are eating an oreo over webchat, abandoned worship of Jesus, the tears of my friends, some music and most chic-flick movies.  And the list could go on and on. 

Sometimes - I cry for no reason at all.  I could be riding in the car, looking out the window and small tears trickle down my face.  It's not something I will to happen, it just does.  Trying to stop it makes it worse, but if I don't - I am faced with questioning glances from those around, silently wondering what's wrong.  But there is no answer to give. 

When I hurt, I withdraw.  When others hurt, I want to draw in.  When my heart is broken, I am silent.  When the heart of a friend breaks, I long for them to share with me.  

Some think I'm weak, others think I'm strong.  Some think I'm afraid, others think I'm courageous.  Some don't know really what to do with me, others know exactly what to say or do.  Regardless of what is said or thought about me - You'll never get less than the genuine me - and I am EMOTIONAL.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to this. :)

    And I love you for who you are.

    ReplyDelete