Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two Gold Bars

In early September of 2008, I restarted a journey; a path that I'd left 10 years prior.  Two and a half years ago, I was a white belt in TaeKwonDo. 

Testing as a white belt.  I'm on the far right.
My journey continued from White Belt to Yellow, then Green, Green Sr., Blue, Blue Sr., Brown, Brown Sr., Red, Red Sr., and finally in April of 2010 - I tested for my Black Belt.
 
 
 

 


I have recently hit another TaeKwonDo milestone.  I have earned my 2nd Degree Black Belt. 
 This was a day that I'd only dreamed of.  Just about everyone that I've asked about what their goal is for training in TaeKwonDo, their answers are all time same: "I want to get my black belt."  But of all those who "want" to earn their black belt, few actually accomplish it, and the numbers who continue their artistic journey are even fewer.  With each level of rank, and each bar that is added to a belt; it's a huge statement of committment, courage, and perseverance. 

It's not always easy; it can be stressful, painful, and tearful.  But we do what we love, and love what we do.  We are Martial Artists.  I am a Martial Artist.  I am a Black Belt with Two Gold Bars!


2 comments: