Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Test of Celebration

In our style of martial arts, we train for a cycle of 2 months and at the end of that cycle we hold our rank testing.  It is a chance to show off what we have learned and the progress we've made.  But more importantly - it is truly a celebration of the martial spirit and our art: our beautiful and powerful art.

Today was a celebration indeed!  I watched with awe and inspiration over 40 of my students 'celebrate' their progress with such honor, perseverance, community and strength.  They cheered for each other, and supported each other.  Forms were performed with grace and focus, sparring done with precision and courage, techniques delivered with accuracy, and board were broken without failure. 

These students always amaze and inspire me.  I am grateful for their abilities, their perseverance, and their dedication.  Each time I watch them, I am encouraged.  I'm so glad that they allow me the honor of celebrating with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment