Friday, March 25, 2011

4 months ago today

I'm learning that bike riding can provide an opportunity for deep thought and meditation.  This morning's ride was no exeption.  Once I find the rhythm in my legs, my mind can then wander.  Sometimes my wanderings can be dangerous, I know.  But today - I felt a sense of accomplishment, inspiration and gratitude.  Why?

It was 4 months ago today that I moved from Tallahassee, FL to Foley, AL to pursue a dream of becoming a TaeKwonDo school owner and instructor.  In these past 4 months, I've learn a lot about business - but more importantly I've learned a lot about myself.  There are things I've done well, and other things...not so much.  I've missed old friends.  Made new friends.  I miss my family, but have been grafted into another family. 

I have a wall in my office dedicated to lovingly made artwork from students. I look at those pictures every day and think to myself how amazing my job is.  

I can tell each day that I'm growing as a martial artist, a teacher and a person.  Sometimes it's painful, tearful, and stressful.  But sometimes it's full of wonder, inspiration and awe.  

4 months ago today - I made the riskiest, most amazing decision of my life.  I moved.

3 comments:

  1. How amazing you are. Such an inspiration. May your brave soul be a guide for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you made this decision!I couldn't go though this life without knowing you!<3

    ReplyDelete