Saturday, March 19, 2011

Untitled

Everytime I sit to write, I try to think of an overall message of encouragement for my potential reader.  Today...I don't feel much like an encourager.  Today...I feel empty, weary and brokenhearted. 

I learned this morning that a very dear friend of mine lost her sister.  In true "Courtney" fashion, I grabbed my overnight bag, and headed (with due haste) in her direction.  I was determined to keep my word that should she ever need me, I would be very willing to drive whatever distance necessary to be with her, by her side. 

What I was not counting on: Tradition.  No details, but out of love and respect for tradition, I exited the interstate, only to enter it seconds later...heading home. 

In all my life...I can't remember a time when a friend was hurting and heart broken, that I turned the other way.  Every mile that separated me from my friend, my heart ached a little more, tears pouring down my face. 

___
To my Dear Friend:
I cannot even imagine what you must be feeling at this moment.  I am so sorry for your loss, and that this experience came so young.  With all my heart I love you, and am sending warm thoughts your way.  Should you need me, I will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment