Wednesday, August 24, 2011

These Pebbles in My Hand


These Pebbles in My hand, you see
Were given by a child
Who, while never having met me
Loved me all the while.

With a twinkle in his eyes
And a smile on his face
Asked with all sincerity
Which Pebble I liked Best

My answer was simple, direct and kind
It was honest, sure and true
"The beautiful one that I love best
Is the one chosen by you."

He glanced at his mother
With a question in his eyes
She smiled and nodded
He began searching for the prize

With a gentle grace he sifted
Some large, some small, some simple, some grand
But only twelve of thousands
made it into his tiny hand

Carefully and lovingly
For me, he chose each one
Nothing expected in return
It was a simple act of Love.

My eyes flooded with tears
And my heart warmly smiled
These Pebbles in my hand, you see
were given by a child.








1 comment: